Friday, August 4, 2017

Read 'By Hadrian's Wall' online! Also Pure Spec

I decided to try submitting a story to Vocal Media / Omni. This is a platform that, as far as I understand it, works sort of like youtube for writing in that if you get enough views on the things you post, it is monetized. I am hoping to get more stories and poems up and see whether I can build a presence there. In any case my first story is up now. It called 'By Hadrian's Wall' and is a sort of quirky future fantasy piece about glaciers advancing and about fairies and about the importance of heritage and the ties between people, land, and livestock.

Here is the link to my author page, from which you can view (and hopefully read!) the story:

https://futurism.media/authors/jyt-kennedy

While I'm posting, I also wanted to mention that I had a terrific time at Pure Speculation this year. I am so grateful to all the friends who helped me bring Overtime - The Musical to life, and also the people who came out on a Saturday morning to support us. The whole event just had a wonderful, positive community feel to it, and the programming was great. I was also introduced to the work of Zenna Henderson, who I need to read more of! (Inner grammar nazi: that should be 'of whom I need to read more' I think in correct old fashioned Standard English. . .but I just would feel like a Jane Austen character or something putting it that way. . .)


No comments: